WELCOME

I hope you enjoy and realize that there's someone out there brave enough to say what most are afraid to.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Played by Fame

" fame is the worst drug known to man/ it's stronger than heroin/ when you can look in the mirror like ' here I am'/ and still not see what you've become/ I know I'm guilty of it too, but not like them"
- Jay-z - " Lost One"

" we all self-concious, I'm just the first to admit it"
- KanYe West- " All Falls Down
Now these two seemingly unrelated quotes may be obscure and random, but they more than aptly describe the sloppy state of affairs that is my life.
As you're reading this, you're thinking, "wtf?" but seriously, hear me out. Recently, I've noticed, with myself and with those that I'm forced to be in contact with, how true Jigga's quote is. For example, whenever people get exahalted, of placed in a postion of power they start to exude this air of slight superiority. More often than not in these situations, the person becomes jaded and develops this supercillious attitude. They are so quick to judge and point out the flaws of others yet unable to truly see themselves for the buttnugget that they've become.
What get's me most about Jay's quote though, is him saying, no, admitting that he too is guilty of walking around as if he's the fecal matter and the urine, but not like them. Them being every one else who thinks they're splashy, when in they aren't even making waves. That's how I feel everyday, as though I buy into the hype, but not like them, not as much. I still know who I am, I think.
I just always feel, idk, different. As if I'm either so far left that I have no affiliation with what's right , or that I'm so right I'm wrong.
This where 'Ye's quote come into play. I feel like everyone's trying to be a " G" and ain't realized that's just a letter in the alphabet. I think I'm one of few people that can easily admit that they're flawed and self-concious about those flaws. Everyone's put up this front, that they are perfectly secure about the way they are, when in reality, we're all self-concious. I'm just the first to admit it- on a blog that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment