WELCOME

I hope you enjoy and realize that there's someone out there brave enough to say what most are afraid to.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Poem from/for Slams: A Backwards Progression 041008

This mindless monotony means nothing to me, my greatest accomplishment is  having learned to be me.

Let's elevate our minds to a higher plane.
Don't do the same things over and over again.
We've been stuck on this plateau for way to long.
You say you skipped to the next track but it sounds like the same song!
Because now left is right and right is wrong, trying to resist your lies but they're way to strong.
From this hell on earth is where I wanna be ordered and delivered from; 3000 said, "there's a war going
 on and half the battle is guns".
The other half is armed with power, greed, and selfishness, they're unaware of other people's pain
 suffering and helplessness.
I'm mad because all I can do to hell is this, put pen to paper and write down my wish.
A wish for the little boys to men, a world where we're less concerned with the material trends.
I mean we're all victims of some type of social rape, trying to rise to the top but the bottom of the
barrel we scrape.
The game of life will never be easy so we have to fight like UFC we see on t.v.
I wish that when I turned it on I'd see more people like me, trying to stray away from the negative
 normalcy.
All I'm saying is we need more people with a vision, people with the ability to execute take-over
 with precision.
They say the revolution won't be televised, that's a damn good thing because I wanna see it with my
 own eyes.
Up close and personal in this war I wage, although I'm scared that my dreams won't go past this page.
How can revolution begin with one?
An idea of where to begin it seems we have none.
Seems killing has become a new form of fun.
Little boys' favourite toys are little plastic guns.
I'm so done with this world and it's money hungry power struggles.
I create my own space, my words form a bubble to block out the corporate bustle.
But it's like Jay- Z said, "You can't knock the hustle".
-Fayola Perry
(Copy written so don't copy me)

No comments:

Post a Comment