WELCOME

I hope you enjoy and realize that there's someone out there brave enough to say what most are afraid to.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Poems from/for slams : Pursuit of Happiness 020510

If youth is wasted on the young then life must be wasted on the living
No one sees the joy in being alive so we give grief to the saints and ask God, "why?"
What makes this happen like that and that like this
We need to fall back and learn to just exist
See society's problem is that they're too concerned with how to win
Who's doing what and what style is in
And with this everyday competition they lose sight and forget to listen
Steady trying to keep up with the Joneses and every day miracles they're missing
So with my dope lines and near rhymes I hope to impart this:
Living life trying to be someone else isn't it
Being your best and trying to improve for self is one of the few ways to achieve true wealth
I don't say this from a place of judgment or condemnation but in hopes to effect my generation and
   and prevent the proliferation of power hungry money mongers from ruining the
   nation
We have to improve on the dream;we have to do something new
And since the quality of your life depends on you
It's important that you realize that the only way out is the way through
And yes, the actions of others do matter,
But you have to ignore the wolves in sheep's clothing just trying to make their pockets fatter
Because you know the truth
Happiness starts from within you
Money can't buy you happiness and here's the proof:
There are billionaires sitting around more unhappy than I and you
Living in palaces and mansions with no peace of mind
Looking for love and acceptance, emptiness and their possessions is all they find
Look, all I know is when my days are done I want to look back and say, "well done"
Take pride in yourself and do good work
Realize in life you sometimes you have to move past the hurts
We have to let go of things and let ourselves really thrive
We must rediscover the joys of being alive
So at the end of our days when it's all said and done
We can look back and say "I have really won,"
In my Pursuit for Happiness

- Fayola Perry
(Copy written so don't copy me)

No comments:

Post a Comment