WELCOME

I hope you enjoy and realize that there's someone out there brave enough to say what most are afraid to.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Poem from/for Slams: For Granny, For Daddy 050608

After dark there is light my friend.
No longer does the finality of death mean that this is the better end.
Come to terms with it and understand what it means, yet do understand that we shant ever part because
 we're together in your dreams.
See death isn't pretty so damn the flowers and if one's not born yet how can you give them a shower.
But that's getting off topic;don't hold it against me, just drop it.
I'm  toxic because it seems like death had plagued me.
Try to run away from it but it invades me;sanity evades me.
Stood so close to the graves so as to better see but in both sets of closed eyes all I saw was the death of
 me.
Cold limbs and fixed facial expressions- I harbor old feelings that grow into aggression I approached
 both coffins with discretion, not ready for either to be taken away from me .
It hurts that I can only remember him vaguely , she was taken away from me, to early see, she was my
 number one fan.
Through every step of the way she held my hand.
She prayed me into this world, I praised her out.
She's in the upper room with the Lord that she told everyone about.
She was the biggest role model in my life; her eminent death pierced my heart like a dart or a knife.
The poet said, " God only takes the best".
I guess I must keep that in mind since he laid them both to rest.
She took off her bracelet and now I've got her Bible; If I said I didn't miss her, that'd be libel.
Losing these two people, so undeserving of such suffering-as the matriarch, her loving was buffering
 for all our feelings, so who do we turn to now?
God's good and faithful servants have taken their last bows, I guess from this day forward, this I vow, to love my family in the here and in the now.
- Fayola Perry
(Copy written so don't copy me)

1 comment:

  1. Baby i really enjoyed reading this. Yea you're talking about a sad topic yet you've turned it into a beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete